Discover the benefits of following a pre-move checklist
An impending move is one of the most stressful aspects of a job change. It can be difficult to plan and know the best time to do so, especially for a first move. But the pre-move checklist is here to help. This pre-move checklist will help guide you through the process of deciding what should happen first before you set out on your next adventure.
A pre-move checklist is a list that lists all steps required to complete a task. It is an important tool to help you plan for your move. Perhaps more importantly, this checklist will ensure that your move goes smoothly, successfully, and stress-free. Here are some tips on creating one, courtesy of Peak Property Management.
Outcomes of Completing the Checklist (What Will Happen)
When you’re putting together your checklist, here are some great places to start:
- Select an agent with the best qualifications easily.
- Be sure to inspect the home before you purchase it.
- Arrange for utilities to be switched on at the new residence.
- You can have your moving boxes delivered to your new place.
- Arrange for packing materials, such as tape or scissors.
Finding a home is easy if you do your research in the neighborhood where you’re interested. Search for nearby rental properties and browse ratings and reviews whenever possible. Make sure that you can easily get to the new location by public transportation or walking. Rent a car if it is not possible in your city.
And of course, talk to a real estate agent! You will find that the home cost in desirable neighborhoods is higher than it is in less desirable places. This can be due, in part, to the area’s schools, safety, and proximity to work.
Pack Up Your Household Items
Start by going through all of your belongings. It is likely that some of your possessions will need a second home because they won’t be used in your new place or there isn’t enough space. Be extra careful when packing with pets and kids in mind. This will make the process of unpacking a lot easier. It is possible to avoid getting stuck with deadlines or forgetting vital matters by following a well-planned plan when moving.
Preparing For Your New Life
Prior to moving, do some research and prepare for the following tasks:
- Search for schools that will be a good fit for your children.
- If necessary, get a sitter for your dog.
- Get rid of any debts or loans. Also, make sure your monthly payments are current.
- Make sure you have all required documents, including a copy of the lease, a copy of the employment offer letter, and proof that funds are available.
- If you’ll be looking for a new job, a resume builder can help you highlight your skills!
Moving can be difficult and stressful, but you can make it far easier on yourself with a little planning. If you work from your home, you need to ensure you choose a house that is both functional and accommodating for your life.
Peak Property Management offers a wide range of personal services for long-term and short-term residential estate properties. With our many years of experience, we are able to accommodate all of our client’s specific needs. Call 970-688-9004.
Image via Pexels