Welcome to your home away from home in our Rocky Mountain Getaway. This private 3 bedroom home has beautiful views of CO’s highest peaks. Boasting over 1,400 square feet, our house has all the amenities and comforts would expect with plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Whether your Rocky Mountain adventure calls for climbing the 14er, the pleasures of Turquoise Lake, the history of Leadville, or world-class skiing at Copper Ski Resort, this home is perfect for the whole family.
Welcome to Leadville, North America’s highest city at 10,200 feet! We hope you enjoy your stay. Here are some of the fun things you might consider enjoying in our beautiful upper Arkansas Valley:
– The Mineral Belt Trail is an 11.6-mile loop that winds up into the historic mining district and encircles the town. It is a great trail for walking, running, hiking, and biking in the summer and cross country skiing or snow showing (and walking) in the winter.
– There are mountains galore to climb. Mt. Massive is right out the picture window and is 14,229 ‘ high; the trail is long but the hike is amazing in the right weather. Mt. Elbert is the highest peak in Colorado at 14,439 ‘ and is a shorter hike. There are other 14ers nearby but also many 13,000 and even 12,000’ that have less traffic.
– This is a great place to base yourself for a backpacking adventure. Lots of trails up into the high country are accessible within a one hour drive in many directions.
– The city of Leadville is a great place to explore, with food, breweries, shopping, and great pizza at High Mountain Pies!
– Lake Turquoise is a short drive west of town and offers great fishing, hiking, biking, and camping.
– Twin Lakes is just down Highway 24 to the south and is also a great place for boating, fishing, camping, and hiking. Interlaken is a historic resort that has been partially restored on the south shore of Twin Lakes. Don’t forget to visit the charming village of Twin Lakes while you are there.
– Leadville normally hosts many ultra-endurance events, including the Leadville 100 trail running and mountain biking races. There are normally many festivals such as Boom Days and Ski Joring and Crystal Carnival Weekend! There are parades and many fun family events to attend.
– There are both print and online activity guides for Leadville/Twin Lakes, great online and print resources for hiking and biking trails, and Leadville Outdoors or the local Forest Service office have maps and advice.
The house is an amazing place to just have family time. Cooking, eating, playing games, and cuddling here in the high county can be great for everyone. This is our home and we enjoy it all year round. We hope you will also.
Other things to note
We love dogs here in Colorado and your pet is welcome anytime! However, we do have a few rules for your furry friend to follow:
– Please have your pet stay off the furniture.
– Please clean up after your pet. Please bag all waste.
– Please keep the barking and chewing under control
– Please do not leave your pet unattended.
– Please keep all your pet’s food inside at all times. A lot of wild animals in the area.
– There is a $40 pet cleaning fee. This covers the cost of the extra steps our cleaning crew must take to ensure the unit is sparkling clean for our next guest. Please leave this on the counter upon departure.
Thank you for following these guidelines and have fun!
To book this vacation rental immediately, you can call us on (970)688-9004 for a discounted rate. You can also book directly on Airbnb by clicking this button here below.
- Guests: 8
- Amenities: Free Parking, Heating, Wifi
- View: Country Side
- Bed Type: Queen
- Categories: Leadville